Hello and welcome to ICENI Taekwondo-do where our students don’t just come from Beccles, they come from all over the region to try our martial art including Norwich, Lowestoft, Loddon and Southwold and many more areas.
Instructors Mr & Mrs Bedingfield have both been very successful competitors at Tournaments with many British and UK Titles between them.
Their Traditional style of teaching has been passed down to them via their own Grand master Roy Oldham, who was one of the first people in the United Kingdom to be awarded his black belt by First Grand master Rhee Ki Ha.
Rhee Ki Ha was the first Grand master promoted by the founder of Tae Kwon-Do, General Choi Hong Hi
WHAT IS TAE KWON-DO?
Tae Kwon-Do is a self defence martial art that originated in Korea. When it came to this country it was initially taught to the armed forces as an effective form of unarmed combat, but is now practised by millions of men, women and children worldwide.
• Focuses on using explosive blocking, kicking and punching techniques to disable an attacker.
• Not just kicking and punching…will benefit virtually anyone of any age, size or shape.
• Learning to defend yourself is just the start
• Gives you more confidence, makes you fitter, increases focus, power, inner strength and self discipline.
• You will burn between 900 and 1400 calories in a session!
MORE INFO ON CLASSES
Here is some more information about our classes
• Mixed age classes – Juniors, Adults & Veterans
• Monday 18:30 to 20:00
• Thursday 19:00 to 20:30
Please check with us if you are a NEW student, or have a child under 8 years wishing to train, as all our classes are of mixed ages and abilities.
Children aged 6 to 8 years old will need a parent/guardian to train with them as we do not run a children’s only class!
If you have any queries or concerns please email us.
FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND
We take the safety of our student, young and old, at the core of what we do;
• Full DBS checks
• Insurance indemnified with the British Taekwondo Council
• Member of the British Taekwondo Council and the National Governing Body for Taekwondo.
• The BTC has achieved NSPCC Advanced Standards in Safeguarding.
• Adheres to all of the BTC’s Safeguarding policies and procedures.
Contact us today for times and pricing and get involved.