Harriet Sylvester is a qualified Conservator and Restorer, having worked on a variety of materials from public and private collections in the UK and abroad.
Harriet has a Masters in Conservation Studies specialising in Ceramics and Glass, from the internationally recognised West Dean College of Arts and Conservation. In 2020, Harriet set up her own business Hythe Conservation, working from her studio based in Suffolk alongside working in partnership with other specialists in the field and is an associate member of The Institute of Conservation (ICON).
Harriet can offer the following services;
* Conservation and Restoration of Decorative Art Objects
* Ceramics Conservation and Restoration inc:
• Porcelain • Stoneware
• Earthenware • Tiles
* Glass and Enamel Conservation and Restoration
* Stone, Marble and Plaster Conservation and Restoration, including Sculptures
* Conservation cleaning of Metal
• Bronze • Silver • Hallmark reading
* Frame Conservation, including Gilding
* Picture Framing
* Condition Surveys, Treatment Report Documentation and Photography
* Collection Cataloguing and Historical Research
Harriet is available Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00.
Please email or call to enquire for estimates of the proposed treatments and include your contact number and an overall photograph and detailed image(s) of the damage to the object. The photos are used to assess which conservation treatments are required and produce estimates for repair. These estimates act as a guide only. In certain cases, photos may not display the full extent of the damage and will only be confirmed upon examination in the studio.