Hello and welcome to Hay’s Sewing School, ran by me – Hayley Stopher.
WHAT EXPERIENCE HAVE I HAD
• Studied Fashion Design at The Surrey Institute in Epsom
• Worked in the industry before taking on the role of Head of Textiles for 15 years in Suffolk
• Made wedding and prom dresses, curtains and everything in between
• Taught part time in Suffolk and have taught all ages to GCSE and A-Level
• Work with Primary schools on their DT/Art/Textiles curriculum as an ‘Artist in residence
WHO CAN I TEACH
• Complete beginners – using a sewing machine and build confidence through sample work and small projects
• Advanced lessons in dress making and pattern cutting and working with the students to raise confidence and understanding
WHAT DO I CHARGE?
£20 an hour but recommend a 2 hour lesson as an introduction.
I would be very excited to hear from prospective new students and hear what they would like to learn or make.